We are always looking for volunteers! Whether you have an hour per month or several afternoons per week, we have a way for you to contribute and get involved. The main opportunities we have available for volunteers are:
- Answering phones at the Westbank or Uptown Offices. Committing several hours/days per week to answering phones and directing calls at either of our offices would be a great help. For more information, please contact Gladys at (504) 896-2345 or email@example.com.
- Helping out with our yearly NAMIWalk for mental health awareness. Tasks include outreach, recruiting sponsors, team captains and walkers, soliciting donations, and volunteering on Walk Day, held each fall. For more information, please contact Heather at (504) 896-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Helping with periodic office tasks. These include preparing mailings, entering member information into our database, assembling course binders, making photocopies, etc. For more information, contact Gladys at (504) 896-2345 or email@example.com.
- Helping at health fairs, pop-up fundraisers, and other small events. We have events on evenings and weekends where we could use your help. For more information, contact Gladys at (504) 896-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Joining the Mental Healthcare Navigation Team. Learn more here.
- Facilitating a support group, teaching a class or becoming a presenter for a community education program. Our support and education programs are volunteer-run and we are always looking for potential teachers, facilitators and presenters! Please review the family programs, peer programs, and community programs to see which you are interested in. Please note that you must have the relevant life experience in order to teach, facilitate, or present. (For example, you must live with a mental illness to teach a Peer-to-Peer course.) Once you decide which program you are interested in, please contact Shannon at (504) 896-2345 or email@example.com to discuss the requirements and upcoming training opportunities. We generally require you to volunteer in other capacities or participate in our services for at least 6 months before being trained in a leadership role.
Thank you for your interest!
General volunteer inquiries can be directed to Gladys at (504) 896-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.