Electronic Health Record (EHR) Implementation Specialist
NAMI New Orleans is seeking an Electronic Health Record (EHR) Implementation Specialist on an independent contractor basis. Interested candidates must supply both a cover letter and resume by email to Josh Maas at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk ins please.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with Epitomax team to properly configure/re-configure billing setup in the Epitomax electronic health record system.
- Makes sure that NAMI New Orleans is properly configured in clearinghouse and insurer websites to send out 837’s to and receive 835’s from insurers.
- Performs other related duties as agreed upon by NAMI New Orleans and the independent contractor.
- Attention to Detail.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Proficiency in Billing Setup in Electronic Health Record Systems.
- Proficiency in Louisiana Medicaid Behavioral Health Billing and Claims.
- Proficiency in Setting Up 837’s and 1500 Forms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is an independent contractor relationship. The building is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years experience setting up electronic health record systems
- Two years experience in Louisiana Medicaid billing and claims
- Computer programming experience (preferred)
NAMI New Orleans accepts 1-2 interns a semester in the areas of social services, public health, communications, et. al. Opportunities best suited for undergraduate students. Internship must be part of school requirements. Those interested are welcome to contact Shannon at email@example.com.
At this time, the agency cannot provide internships for social work, counseling, or any other degree that requires specialized oversight or direct interaction with clients.
Learn about volunteer opportunities here.