Behavioral Health Services
NAMI New Orleans offers an array of behavioral health services for adults living with mental illness in the Greater New Orleans area.
For more information about these programs, please contact our Mental Healthcare Navigation Team at (504) 896-2345 or email@example.com.
Community Psychiatric Support and Treatment (CPST)
- Community and home-based case management services.
- Linkage to resources, access to behavioral health and medical supports, and illness management skills training.
- Available to qualified Louisiana Medicaid recipients and those receiving services from a community behavioral health center.
- For adults with serious mental illness.
- Therapeutic, confidential counseling.
- Provided by a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) or licensed professional counselor (LPC).
- Illness management, problem-solving, and coping skills.
- Medicaid, Medicare, and Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO.
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Skills (PSR) Training
- Daily living skills training.
- Socialization skills development.
- Psychiatric symptoms management and coping skills.
- Prevocational skills training.
- Available to qualified Louisiana Medicaid recipients and those receiving services from a regional human services authority like Metropolitan Human Services District or Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority.
Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) Services
- Referred by the Louisiana Department of Health Permanent Supportive Housing Program.
- Case management assistance with housing placement services when a unit becomes available.
- In-home and community-based skills training to maintain stable housing.
- Chronically homeless individuals may be eligible for permanent supportive housing services if referred by Unity of Greater New Orleans.
- Available for any adult living with a mental illness who wishes to participate in socialization activities and support groups.
- Peer-run center offers a variety of opportunities to engage with others in a safe and therapeutic environment.
- NAMI Connection peer-run support group offered weekly.
- Peer to Peer 10-week educational course offered about once a year.