Medicaid Denials Specialist
NAMI New Orleans seeks a meticulous and organized go-getter with Medicaid experience (preferred) for a part-time (24 hours/week) Medicaid Denials Specialist position.
NAMI New Orleans offers hope, help and healing to people with mental illness – and to those who share their lives – through family support, education and advocacy and quality psychosocial services. Our work helps individuals live with dignity and independence within the community, enriching all of our lives.
As a member of our NAMI New Orleans family, you will:
1) Follow up with third-party insurance carriers (primarily Louisiana Medicaid managed care organizations) on unpaid behavioral health claims
2) Rebill unpaid claims when necessary
3) Secure needed documentation required or requested by third party insurances
4) Maintain log of all claims that have been denied or adjusted, their current status, how much has been paid on each claim and when each payment was made
5) Report to Director of Operations weekly on status of claim denials and what steps are being taken to recoup on said denials
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
NAMI New Orleans accepts 1-2 interns a semester in the areas of social services, public health, communications, et. al. Opportunities best suited for undergraduate students. Internship must be part of school requirements. Those interested are welcome to contact Gladys at (504) 896-2345 or email@example.com.
At this time, the agency cannot provide internships for social work, counseling, or any other degree that requires specialized oversight or direct interaction with clients.
Learn about volunteer opportunities here.